Nov 30, 2008

Christmas Tree






Yesterday my family (minus the two little ones TJ and Elayna) went with our friends the Paytons to chop down our Christmas tree. We've been doing this for 3 or 4 years now, I can't remember when we started. We got all ready and left early! If you consider 10:00 early. We were supposed to leave our house at Eagle Mt. at 7:30, so we could get to Provo by 8:00, and leave shortly after that. It didn't happen. We left our house at 9:00, and left the Paytons at 10:00. Oh well, it's a good thing we weren't in a hurry! I am not exactly sure where it is we go, Russ knows the area better than I do, but it is beautiful! The first year we went, there was so much snow and ice that our van barely made it. The second year, last year, there wasn't any snow until the very tippy top of the mountain. We had to hike to get to it. This year, (so I guess it's been 3 years) there was more snow than last year, but not near as much as the year before. We still got to play in the snow though, and have the Christmas atmosphere. So, looking and searching for the "perfect" tree is the goal, but by the time you've hiked through the snow with small children who keep falling over snow-covered trees, you are just happy to have found a tree that looks half-way decent. So, I try to be a little more picky than I am feeling. I like to say "So, that's the kind we can chop? Ok, take it!" Even though it's a Charlie Brown tree. Instead of that, I have to look at other trees and decide which is better for us. This year we were prepared for the snow though, (I got new snowboots for all) so our feet were toasty warm. It was just a fun day in all!

3 comments:

aprilhoyt said...

How fun!! I love doing the christmas tree thing...we have a fake one now...so...that's what we do. It's so nice to be prepared, huh? i love warm toes! umm...maybe it was just me, but I cannot read that post on millene. it's like in alien language. oh well, hope all goes well for her baptism!! wish we could come, but we are proud of her!

Stephanie said...

I wish we could have gone with you and the Paytons! How fun!

Whitney and Michael said...

Oh how fun! Reminds me of the good ol days of getting a real one! You know and come to think of it I think russ was a big part in making it happen! I guess that's part why it's in your family tradition now! That sounds like so much fun!!