Feb 22, 2009

Take it and love it...........AAAAAAHHH!!!




So, maybe you all remember Elder Wirthlins' talk about taking what happens and love it. Or, taking what happens and being devastated or frustrated or mad or....I could go on and on. Well, yesterday Jurnee had her friend over and they got into their sleeping bags and decided to slide down the stairs. They did it a couple of times, laughing and joking around. Then either Jurnee or her friend had the bright idea of going backwards on their stomach. So, Jurnee decided to try it first. She gets into her bag, and painstakingly turns herself around so that she doesn't slide prematurely. Then wheeeeee, she goes down, then CRASH! she doesn't stop on the landing like she should, and her foot hits through the wall! Then there's screaming and crying because she hurt her foot. We still are not sure if she broke it, I believe it's just sprained, but our neighbor was kind enough to let Jurnee borrow her crutches, so now Jurnee can't live without them. Russ is thinking that Jurnee is enjoying the limelight. We will see how it turns out.
This now gives me the excuse to change the bottom part of the stairs, if Russ is agreeable. Right now he is still too frustrated. When it happened I had some choices in how my reaction could be. I chose the calm one, I am very glad that I did too, now Jurnee doesn't feel like her whole world exploded. Just her foot!

3 comments:

Makenzie Iorg said...

I'm so glad you found our blog. I think this is a funny story about Jurnee. Hope you guys are enjoying life!

aprilhoyt said...

Wow!! Good job, being calm and all! I don't know if I could have been, although with the crying, I would have a hard time yelling! wow! what a hole!! Jurnee should be proud (later, of course!) you mentioned wanting help moving some walls....maybe Jurnee's up to it! she could punch a hole and get you started!

Anonymous said...

I don't think I would've been calm. You have the calm type of personality though. I hope her foot is okay! I'll keep checking your blog for further updates. ;o)