May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Well, this morning my husband let me sleep in, and he and the kids, all 5 of them made me breakfast. They then brought it to me in bed while singing. Then Russ let all the kids bring their plate of food upstairs so we could all eat together. That is a rare treat for them to eat anywhere but the kitchen table, so they were loving it. And with only one tiny orange juice spill, it was really fun. Then I got my presents. Russ gave me a giant cork board to put my children's pictures on so my fridge isn't so crowded all the time. Every year Russ makes me a necklace, and this year he added to it by making a bracelet to go with it. I wore them to church, and like them enough to wear them everywhere. At church my ward has a tradition for Mother's Day, in the last hour, all the men teach all the primary classes, and the women get to go to the gym and eat pie that the men provided, and mingle. It was really neat to see the Bishop walking around with a garbage can serving us women. How grateful I am to have been lucky enough to move into a ward where the men really respect womanhood and mothers. And they teach their young men to respect women with their own examples. All in all, I think this will be one of my most memorable Mother's Days.

5 comments:

aprilhoyt said...

wow! that is a nice tradition for the ward! That would be fun! Good job Russ on breakfast in bed! How fun! I've always loved mother's day!! good job being a mom!
you should post pics of your necklace!

Dahly Mama said...

That's great your ward does that! Our RS does a similar thing, with us all getting together and have refreshments/brunch type food. OVer the years the "lessons" have varied from a "no guilt" day, where we write what we like about each other, to power point videos of the sisters to music, to talks from Women's conference to the presidency doing the lesson. ONly diff is the RS presidency does it rather than the men. I like your ward's way better!!! (Especially when I was prez and doing it!).

The Crider Clan said...

Happy Mother's Day Kendra! Sounds like it was really great! Mine was good too...can't beat a great husband can ya? Cute kids are a plus, too!

Jay said...

I LOVE that ward tradition! Oh how lucky your new ward is to have your family in it! Love you guys and miss you!

Thad and Julie said...

I agree with Jamie! What a great tradition! Naughty me skipped out on the last hour and went home to sleep. It wasn't pie, but it was still pretty sweet! ;p Happy belated Mother's Day!