Jun 19, 2009

TJ's New Bed

Russ has been working on this bed for a couple of months now. The first stages were awesome, cutting out the wood and prepping it. I learned how to measure and use the cut-off saw pretty good with this project. Then Russ told me to sand it and paint it. I got busy sanding it, but ended up quitting because the sand paper kept coming off the dang machine. I told Russ he'd have to finish painting it too, because I was just done. So, about 3 weeks ago, Russ had TJ help him paint the wood pieces red, and boy did TJ enjoy that! He's been wanting to paint something for months now, he didn't care what, as long as he could use the paint brush!

















Russ also put in these headlights. I know that Lightning McQueen does not have these in the movie, but TJ really wanted a night light, and so Russ came up with this idea. The light isn't bright, so it's prefect at night.

Then came the detail painting, Russ free handed everything in pencil first, then used a spray paint machiney thing (ha, don't tell him I called it that!) and just went to town. He wouldn't let me help him, other than holding up the wood pieces so he wouldn't have to bend over too long. He even had to fire me from that because I was too wiggly. But, now it's done, and when TJ came in to see the finished product, he kept saying over and over "Dish ish sho cool!" I think he likes it.

9 comments:

The Crider Clan said...

My little Owen would go NUTS for that bed!!! Good job guys!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Ethan would kill for a bed like that!!! What a great Daddy!

Connie said...

What an awesome looking bed!

Tammy said...

That is one incredible bed. Lucky Boy!!!

Heather said...

that is so cool! Z would be so jealous... hope he never sees it and decides I need to make him one!

aprilhoyt said...

That is awesome!!!! Kudos to Russ! Nice job!! Good thing he has only one boy!

wurtz said...

That is awesome! Braeden would be in heaven. Ka-chow!

Deedles said...

That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog, I hope you don't mind if I snoop. You can snoop on mine if you like (www.burnettmunchkins.blogspot.com)