Jul 27, 2011

A Nice Challange

So, I was challenged last week by my friend Jill McNeil Beach to start a program called "8 weeks to a better you". I took her up on it fully, and have done everything required in that challenge. I am loving it! I have lost a pound a day, I am eating better, and I'm doing better spiritually. I've been needing a change for awhile, and this has been a godsend. If you want to know about it, just check out the blog with the same title. It's been amazing.

Now, I just gotta say that I am sorry that I am such a slacker at keeping up with this blog. I thought I was getting back in to it last year, but then only wrote twice. The last time was 9 months ago. I've had a great 9 months though, and even though it feels like my life is just plain ol boring, I have a lot of laughs, and a lot of things that keep my busy.
I had my son, at home, with a midwife. On my own, no drugs, and no c-section. I will write about that whole experience at a later date. My son is now 7 and a half months old, and he is crawling all over the place, pulling himself up to things, and falling magnificently. Usually straight back on to his back and head. As much as he falls, he should have more bruises, but he has only had one tiny one.
My oldest daughter turned 12 this summer, and is now in Young Womens, went to Girls Camp, and starts Junior High this year. (This one makes me hyperventilate) I hated 7th grade! Kids are so mean, and I worry so much for my sweet, tender-hearted little girl.
Last week I sent off a bunch of my cards to get sold in a little store in Eager, AZ. That is so awesome to me, I love to make cards, and have always wanted to sell them, but here in Utah, people just look at something, then say to themselves, "I can make that" so your ideas, as great as they are, are easily copied, and then you don't get the sale. I have no idea if it's any different in Eager, AZ but I am willing to give it a shot.
Russ and I will celebrate our 13th Anniversary in a few weeks! Holy Cow, where did the time go!?
So you see, I have so much to be thankful for, and so much to remember and write down so I don't forget to be grateful.

3 comments:

Keep Your Sunny Side Up said...

Oh, my! Thank you for sharing. 12 years old! Wow! Miss you and love you all.

Whitney and Michael said...

I was gonna do that challenge, but I am too chicken, or maybe not as motivated, that's awesome you are doing it! I hope it goes well for you! I can't beleive how old Jurn is getting! I hope it goes well for her too! Good to hear from you in the blogging world :)

teviawall said...

Hey guys, does this count as blog stocking if I already read April's and Heather's and Brian's blog and just looked at yours too???? :)

Sounds like things are going great for you guys. Congrats on having your son at home. I applaud that you did that. I shall dub you, Wonder Woman!

We saw Brian out camping this weekend. They had just got there and we were just leaving, but it was nice to say a quick hi.

ok, this is more like a short email rather than a comment. ta-ta!