Nov 18, 2008

Millene's Birthday

So, Saturday was Millene's 8th Birthday. I told her (foolishly) that she could get her dad and I up in the morning if Elayna was awake. Well, it was still pretty dark out, and I hadn't heard a peep from Elayna, but I hear my door squeak as it's being pushed open, and then someone trying to make their way quietly across the floor to Elayna's bed, to check and see that she is awake (or to wake her up). So, I said, "Millene, what are you doing?"
"I heard Elayna, she's awake!"
"She is not awake, what time is it?"
"Six twenty"
"What?! Are you crazy?"
"You said that I could wake you up if Elayna was awake!"
"I know, but I didn't say you could wake her up!"
"I didn't, I heard her."
Of course this whole conversation is going on with me whispering, and Millene talking in a "sure to wake up Elayna" volume. So, then I had to remember that it was her special day, and to chill out. So, she brought all her presents to our bedroom, then opened them while her Dad and I were still in bed.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday Millene! Yay! You're eight! What a special birthday!

aprilhoyt said...

oh my gosh...how could I have missed it?!?! I am so sorry!! Millene! Happy Birthday (late) I hope you had a most wonderful birthday!!

wurtz said...

Happy 8th Birthday Millene!